The green goals of Rocking the Daisies are an integral part of implementing festival in an eco-friendly and sustainable way and have been developed over the last few years. Every year we take steps to achieve these goals in order to ensure that we continue to “Play Hard, Tread Lightly”.
ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
A full, comprehensive eco audit is performed each year and is undertaken by an independent organisation – Steadfast Greening. We aim to be as close to a carbon neutral event as possible by reducing where possible and off-setting any carbon that was expended in the production of the festival.
This audit covers procurement to production and direct production of the festival itself and the transport to and from.
Water, waste, carbon, energy are all areas that are monitored.
The implementation of our Green Goals are monitored and evaluated so that lessons learned can be captured and improvements made. We also provide an open and transparent report to the general public. These pdf documents are available for download on the event’s website.
SOCIAL INITIATIVES / PARTNERS
- Winner – Highly Commended in A Greener Festival Awards 2014, 2013 and 2012
- Winner – Eco-Logic Awards in Transport 2012
- Winner – Eco-Logic Awards in Recycling 2012
- Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards 2012
- Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change 2011
- Finalist – Eco-Logic Award in transport 2011
- Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category, 2009 and 2010